Q: Why does the school need donations?
- Due to rising costs, substantially lower-than-expected enrollment this year, and an aging donor base, the school needs to create a new source of sustainable, ongoing funding.
- As a private school, we do not receive federal or state funding like public schools do.
- Tuition covers about 70% when the student pays full tuition. The rest has to be made up in donations EVERY year.
Q: What is your goal of the #wmstogether campaign?
Our goal is three-fold:
- Fundraising; to come alongside of traditional fundraising efforts such as our annual benefit auction, our scholarship banquet, and many generous donations and create a new, sustainable and recurring funding source.
- Increase Enrollment; to better tell the story of the Western Mennonite School experience and community, and how it has positively impacted the lives of students and families … so that we can attract the next generation of Pioneer students who want to experience the same next year and in years to come.
- To give God the Glory; for the great things he has done at Western Mennonite School and continues to do.
Q: What can I do to help?
1. If you’re able to donate today, even if it is $5 or $5 a month, we’d greatly appreciate it. Every donation counts. Just select the amount on the right, select your frequency preference in the dropdown (preferably monthly or more often), and click the “Donate” button to be redirected to Paypal.
2. Share this challenge with your friends and family via social media using the hashtag #wmstogether and link to this website www.wmstogether.com.
When you share, if you’ve been a part of the Western community, please include a favorite memory. We would love to hear your story of how Western has blessed or impacted your life. Please consider “challenging” at least 2 of your friends to join us by tagging them in the post.
3. In addition, feel free to create your own video talking about how Western has impacted your life or gather some of your favorite photos. Create it as a separate social media post using the hashtag #wmstogether and link to www.wmstogether.com. OR, you can share your story here on our website.
4. Finally, and most importantly, will you join us in prayer that God will continue to do great things at Western Mennonite School for years to come.